First off, tell us a little bit about your role within Escape Studios

I am a Tutor for the MA, Short Course and Part time Games Course at Escape Studios.

I have been teaching new creative talent for the past 10+ years, working worldwide at places including Alpha Channel and the University of Hertfordshire.

I've also wrote numerous published books about Unreal Engine including; UDK Basics, Level Design and Documentation and UDK Games scenarios integration as well creating game assets for the next generation consoles such as the racing game ‘Pacer’.

What does the authorised Unreal Tutor status entail for you and for Escape Studios?

I am really proud of being an Authorised Unreal Instructor for Epic Games. It is a seal of approval from Epic, not only to myself but also Escape Studios, currently the only authorised training centre in the UK. Being an Authorised Unreal Instructor  gives me the opportunity to network with others Tutors around the world, share best practices about teaching and of course knowledge about Unreal Engine.

How do you feel about the new Unreal Engine 5 release?

I am beyond excited about Unreal Engine 5. Being playing with it since its Alpha release and I can say it is a game changer. Having real time lighting as well millions of polygons on screen is something out of this world. I can't wait to see what our students will come up with this new technology!

It is known that you run the Game Art blog, could you run me through the aim of the blog and its general aims?

Myself and the others Games' Tutors have our Blog.  It is a space where we share Tutorials, Interviews with our Escapee's and Artist from around the world, Job Opportunities, talk about games, etc. Don't forget to subscribe to it! We are going to have something really exciting to share in the following months.