By Francesca Zanetti, third year Business Management with Finance student

During my first year, I attended a networking event at the Savills HQ organised by Pearson College London. In this event, I met a member of the Talent Development team and I explained my willingness to find an internship over the summer. She put me in contact with the Operations Team at Pearson plc, and they offered me an interview! As quickly as I found out about the opportunity, I joined the Pearson Operations Team as a Data Analyst Intern. It was the beginning of a steep learning curve and such an enjoyable working experience!

My daily tasks involved attending meetings with stakeholders and understanding their needs. I recorded this information using data collection methods on Excel. Based on the stakeholders’ request, I gathered the data from Salesforce or other sources with the help of my team to build interactive reports and dashboards. Due to my high performance and commitment to the project, the team offered me a part-time position over my second year of university. Thanks to my flexible and supportive team, I was able to balance part-time work and a full-time university degree!

After going through this experience, my advice to other students is to attend as many networking events as possible. Never be afraid to ask people what you genuinely want since that might lead you to a career opportunity!

Photo by Luke Chesser on Unsplash

To find out more about Pearson Business School Guaranteed Internships, head over to the website.