Business 2 min read

Peggy Sue's Kent

Student Author posted on

About Us

Peggy Sue’s Kent is a vintage horsebox turned mobile bar offering a top-class unique bar service and catering for all events, from weddings and baby showers to birthdays and private parties. Originally founded in Worcester, the chain expanded and has now launched in the Kent area. Peggy Sue’s Kent offers a variety of bar hire options and can tailor the bar to suit any preference from champagne to coffee! They also hire out Prosecco and Donut walls which have become a must have feature at any party!

This business is run by third year Professional pathway student Emilie Bowes-Read who also works as the Digital Content and Communications Officer for a Children’s Charity in Kent.

Launching a Business During Lockdown

I’m sure that for many, the idea of launching a business during lockdown is their worst nightmare but for myself and the team at Peggy Sue’s Kent, it gave us the time and opportunity to work on growing our social media platforms without juggling the launch and running of events.

Our horsebox is currently being renovated by the team in Worcester meaning there's less pressure on us to be out and about in the current climate. This is also a bonus since we will have a lovely, fresh looking horsebox just in time for the Christmas period!

Despite the COVID restrictions in place, we successfully launched our Bubbles and Donut boards which have been particularly popular at small 6 person gatherings. With this, I faced the challenge of promoting our boards to the people of Kent, many of whom are understandably uneasy about organising events during such an uncertain time. However, myself and the team did a great job of reassuring our customers and making sure we were COVID safe.

We are also gearing up to launch our Christmas hampers which feature miniature alcoholic drinks. Hopefully these will be popular!

How Pearson College London Supported My Venture

I have learnt so much about the running of a business from my degree which has certainly helped me with the setting up and launching of this business in Kent. I recently reached out to Pearson College London and asked if there was any support that they could offer for this new venture. I was introduced to an old student who has set up a similar business in Wales and Pearson’s very own Arnold Du Toit! Arnold met with me virtually to discuss my business and gave me lots of great tips advice. Sam also shared his top tips from his experience so far. Thanks to this guidance we have now formed a partnership with a local award-winning Gin distillery and several Event suppliers!

By Emilie Bowes-Read

If you want to check out Peggy Sue’s Kent, then head below:
Facebook: @peggysueskent
Instagram: @peggysues_kent
Email: peggysueskent@gmail.com

Peggy Sue's Kent