Open Day 3 min read

Escape Virtual Open Days- FAQs

Craig Coutinho

Craig Coutinho posted on

Traditionally, we would have loved to welcome you to our campus to explore our state-of-the art facilities and practise some of the software and equipment you would use at Escape Studios. However, we aren't able to currently do this, so have adapted our Open Days, meaning you can virtually join us from the comfort of your own home. Here's a guide for our Virtual Open Days.

How long is a Virtual Open Day?

We've shortened our Virtual Open Days to around 2 hours because we understand that attending online isn't always easy.

"Short and Sweet"-  Virtual Open Day Attendee

What should I do if I can only attend from a certain time or need to leave early?

The Open Day schedule will be shared with you in advance, so that you can drop in to the sessions that you want to and leave early if you need to. We would, however, recommend that you try and attend the full Open Day because you can find out lots of useful information during the entire event.

How can I join?

Step 1- The link will be sent to you via email, so click the link and it will direct you to the Zoom platform.

Step 2- Enter your first name and surname.

Step 3- Once you have entered the room, sit back and wait for the event to start! Feel free to say 'hello' in the chat and let us know which subject you are interested in.

What can I expect at an Virtual Open Day?

The sessions usually consist of a Welcome Talk, Subject Talks, Portfolio and Scholarships Talk, Admissions Talk and a Q&A panel discussion consisting of current students, alumni (Escapees) and academics. You will be able to find out more about our courses, find out how we work with a whole host of Industry Friends and get your questions answered by our team.

Do I need to do any preparation?

Prior to the event, you will receive a Virtual Open Day Essentials Pack, filled with plenty of information for you to look through before you come along to the Open Day. Check out the essential information, take a look around our virtual campus with our virtual tours and prepare any questions you may have for students, alumni or staff.

Will there be breaks?

Yes, of course! There will be a breaks in between the sessions. The host of the session will announce what time the next session will start and it will be displayed on the screen. We'll keep the breaks short so that we can stick to the schedule timings.

What are the Online Housekeeping rules- do cameras need to be on and do I need to speak/participate?

We use Zoom for our Virtual Open Days, so your camera will be turned off and your mic will be muted, but we encourage you to participate throughout and ask questions. There are other members of staff who can answer your questions throughout and help you if you have any technical issues and queries.

Can my parents join?

Yes, parents can attend our Virtual Open Day events and we encourage them to attend to find out more about us and ask questions.

What's the difference between an Open Day and a Taster Day?

What should I do if I am interested in more than one course?

You will only be able to attend one of the subject talks on the day, so have a look and see which course you might be most interested in studying. If you still can't decide, join us at our next Taster Day.

My question hasn't been answered, will I get a response?

Yes, we will answer your questions throughout but if we do miss your question then we will email you with a response.

I have some more questions which I forgot to ask?

Feel free to contact us via phone or email and you can also chat to some of our student ambassadors and alumni.

If you would like to sign up to our next Open Day, then sign up on this webpage.

Escape Virtual Open Days- FAQs