Although there is not a lot of reading required on the course, it’s good to keep up to date with what’s going on in the creative industries and explore different ways of learning.
- Performing Architectures : projects, practices, pedagogies - by Andrew Filmer and Juliet Rufford
- Reading Architecture: A visual lexicon - by Owen Hopkins
- If It's Purple, Someone's Gonna Die - by Patti Bellantoni
- Cinematography: Theory and Practice - by Blain Brown
- ArtStation - this is the learning showcase platform for the games, film, media and entertainment artists.
- Zbrush - the official ZBrush community to share art, tips and digital sculpting love.
- Unreal Engine - Everything about the game art software.
- Game Development Vault - The Game Development conference videos detail the latest developments in the games industry.
- 80 Level - This is an industry-leading platform for game developers, digital artists, animators, video game enthusiasts, CGI and VFX specialists. Join to learn about new workflows, discuss new tools and share your work.
- Polycount - This is where game art veterans share what it's really like to be working in game development.
- Games Industry Biz - This is the world's leading video games trade website.
- Gamedevmap - a living map and catalog of game development organizations.
- MCV / Develop magazine - MCV / Develop is a UK trade magazine that focuses on the business aspects of the video game industry.