So, you have submitted your application... what next? If you haven't met the predicted UCAS tariff, you will be invited to a Professional Workshop. You can find more information about the Professional Workshop here.
There are several things that will be running through your mind, such as what will the day be like, what will I have to do, what interview questions should I be prepared for and what first impression do I want to give of myself?
Most of the questions you have should be answered in your emails from us. However, you can always contact us or use our LiveChat feature on the Pearson College London website if you're unsure of anything! When you are considering what first impression you want to give, you should perhaps consider what to wear, so we have put together a simple guide to help you.
Tips for What to Wear
- You want to present yourself as smart but not 'over-the-top'. A good tip is to dress a little too smart rather than a little too casual. You should also consider if it is something that you would wear to a job interview. If it is, you are along the right lines.
- If you are considering wearing a suit, a full suit is not necessary. Think more smart jeans/trousers, shirt and a blazer. A tie is not needed. Likewise, jeans and a shirt with a smart jumper are also a good choice.
- Joggers/leggings, hoodies and other sportswear items are not appropriate.
- Oxford or brogue style shoes are a good choice but don't go out of your way to buy some if you don't have them. Style what you have! Ballet flats or Chelsea boots can be a good option too.
- If you choose to wear a skirt/dress, make sure it is an appropriate length. Just below halfway down the thigh or longer is a good length. If you choose to wear tights, perhaps bring a spare pair in case you ladder them by accident!
- It's also important to consider your makeup and nails (if you choose to wear them). Do they look professional? During the Professional Workshop, you will be required to use a tablet and to write, so if you have long nails, make sure you can do these tasks at hand.
We hope these tips give you some inspiration but if you do have any further questions, don't hesitate to get in touch.