Apprenticeships 2 min read

Life as a Degree Apprentice Month 18

Katie Fiddaman

Katie Fiddaman posted on

I have now been a degree apprentice for a year and a half; and I know it sounds cliche but it really has flown by. This month has been busy, as ever, and I have been able to get involved with some really interesting projects.

Sherry Coutu visit

At the start of the month, I had the pleasure of being involved with the visit of Sherry Coutu, a member of the Pearson plc Board who wanted to hear more about Pearson College London, what we do and about the degree apprenticeship programmes. This was a great opportunity for me to network with such an influential figure and tell her about my application experience and the programme itself.

Graduation

This month, I also worked at the Graduation 2019 event, which saw the students two years above me graduate with their BA Honours degrees, and also the degree apprentices too. This was a great day to celebrate the successes of both the Pearson Business School and Escape Studios Students and get an insight into what it might be like in two years time when I (hopefully) graduate from my programme.
PEARSON_Grad2019_384

Photoshoot

Another season, another photoshoot! The Marketing department needed some students to participate in a photoshoot to showcase students studying internally at the Pearson College London campus. This was a great way to showcase the new renovations that have been made at Pearson College London to create a more focused study and group work area according to student demand.

CIPR course

I also had the opportunity to attend a course entitled Creating a PR Strategy run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. This was a great opportunity to learn how to create a PR strategy and apply this to both the organisational goals. I was then able to share my findings with the team so that we can think more about future strategy changes next year.
CIPR-Adjusted-350x265

Deadlines

Finally, deadlines. As we approach Christmas and that desired time off work, the final hurdle is deadlines and the exam. Throughout November, I have been working on my coursework assignments to ensure that they are submitted on time and getting my notes up to date to prepare for the examination in December.

All in all, it has been a really busy month 18 for me, and I'll catch you again in 2020 to find out about the final month of 2019.

To find out more about Pearson College London's degree apprenticeships, visit the Pearson College London website.

Life as a Degree Apprentice Month 18