What is an Industry Day?
An industry day is when industry partners come in to visit students and deliver workshops, conferences, projects and Q&A sessions. The aim of the day is to help students to connect what they are learning in the classroom and apply this to the current issues/opportunities in the industry.
The topics covered at our Industry Days are so broad, from personal development, training and advice, creating and developing new ideas, and so much more. There is so much to learn from big multinational businesses, as well as SME’s that can all be applied to the classroom degree content.
It also creates a fantastic networking opportunity for students to meet and work with industry professionals to find and explore solutions to real business problems. This creates a mutually beneficial learning environment for the students to work on a potentially multinational issue and for the company to gain valid new insights and solutions.
Pearson Business School Strategy and Innovation Industry Day
11th October 2019 (10am-4pm)
Our forthcoming Industry Day is for current students within Pearson Business School and focuses on Strategy and Innovation.
What can our students look forward to on the Strategy and Innovation Industry Day?
Arrival: Refreshments and breakfast nibbles will be provided.
Morning session: Our panel of industry guests will each introduce their business and talk about what they are looking for in graduates. They will also raise issues of strategy and/or innovation that are important to them right now. There will be lots of time for all attendees to ask questions.
Students will get to hear from leaders in the industry, including:
- Pearson - Jonathan Chocqueel-Mangan, Chief Strategy Officer (CSO)
- Deloitte - Sam Baker, Partner (Monitor Deloitte)
- Etc Venues - Dominic James, Venue Director
- TIL Ventures - Milan Samani, Partner
Lunchtime: This will offer a great opportunity for networking with our industry guests and best of all - lunch will be provided!
Afternoon session: Our students will work in small groups, supported by one of our industry guests, to respond to a real business challenge which will have been introduced during the morning session. Whilst presenting all ideas back to the industry guest, all students will receive verbal feedback and a winning team will be selected and awarded with a fantastic prize.
Evening (optional): We will be going to the pub, and we’ll be inviting all attendees to join us for more networking opportunities!
What are the benefits of attending industry days?
- It’s an opportunity to hear from a number of industry-leading companies - with the chance to find out more about each of them.
- There are lots of opportunities to interact with industry leaders - attendees will have the opportunity to discuss current business challenges with them, work with them on developing strategies and it’s an opportunity to hear their feedback on ideas and group presentation.
- It’s a chance for all attendees to practise their networking skills.
- This is an opportunity for our students to apply the knowledge acquired during their studies, to real business issues.
- Winning groups from the business challenge can grab an opportunity for a selfie with an industry guest, to post on LinkedIn.
- It’s a chance for attendees to practise their presentation skills - as we give our students the opportunity to volunteer to introduce one of the guest speakers and all attendees get the opportunity to deliver a group presentation too.
- All attendees will be involved and entertained all day, and the food and refreshments are free!
If you’re a current Pearson Business School student, what are you waiting for? There are limited spaces available - so don't miss out! Book your place via the Work Fitness Centre.
If you’re a prospective student - watch this space to find out how our students get on at their latest Industry Day, as we’ll share their stories on here shortly.