Pearson Business School 4 min read

Student Summer Internships

Katie Fiddaman

Katie Fiddaman posted on

Over the summer, our students at Pearson Business School have been getting involved in a variety of internships, to better their knowledge of the workplace. Some of the students have spoken about their internships in this blog, giving us an insight into their experiences to date.

Kuran

Tech Product Intern at Tesco
Business Management with Finance
“I was delighted to land a 10-week summer internship at Tesco. The application process was long, but worth it! I got hands-on real world experience, and even got to lead on my own project, rolling out new technology to Tesco stores. I’ve learnt so much about the professional environment that I’ll take with me into my future career, notably the importance of networking and receiving feedback for self-development.”
kuran-1

Kelly

Corporate Funding Intern at Home Start Southwark
Business Management with Finance
“I worked as a Corporate Funding Intern at Home Start Southwark, a local charity that provides support for children under 5 in the most deprived areas of Southwark. I was responsible for writing funding bids for the company, leaning on the Finance Manager, Director and various Project Managers to pull together information to support these bids. Working for a charity has been so inspiring, all the staff love what they do and it was a very supportive environment.”

Oliver

Projects Intern at UK Active
Business Management with Marketing
“Working in the sports industry has always been a dream of mine, and when the internships team at Pearson College London made me aware of the role at UK Active, I jumped at the opportunity. My role as Projects Intern was hugely rewarding, working to promote physical well-being and exercise across UK schools. Being in meetings with elite athletes and the UK government was something I never expected to happen on an internship. I’ve now been offered a permanent graduate job at UK Active and I could not be more excited about my future!”
oliver

Martha

Marketing & Business Development Intern at True Altitude
Business Management with Marketing
“I have learnt and personally developed a huge amount from my four months spent with True Altitude, from working on some really exciting projects, to networking with inspiring individuals and continually stepping out of my comfort zone. Working within such a small company gave me the opportunity to experience many different aspects of business, allowing me to get involved, particularly in client facing situations. I am delighted to be continuing to work with them part-time during my third year.”
Martha

Francesca

Data Analyst Intern at Pearson
Business Management with Finance
“Thanks to networking at an industry day held by Pearson College London, I was fortunate to land a summer internship working as a Data Analyst for Pearson. My role entailed managing data on software such as Salesforce and Excel to find potential trends. What I liked most was that I was set clear goals and had weekly catch-ups to monitor my personal development. I felt part of the team from day one and they supported me by listening to my ideas and letting me make decisions. Every day was different and it’s been a challenging but fulfilling journey. I’ve now been offered a part-time job at Pearson to balance alongside my degree - proof that networking is so important in business!”
francesca

Charlie

Business Development Intern at Pulsar
Business Management
“My summer internship at Pulsar was a challenging but enjoyable three months; I’ve learnt so much about the working environment and myself. I had the opportunity to engage in driving the company forward, by helping them acquire new clients and driving business growth. I have loved every minute of it. The opportunity has provided many takeaways which will be hugely beneficial in my future career and it was great working with big clients such as Mazda, E.ON and West Ham United!”
Charlie

Aiswarya

Paralegal Intern at Fladgate LLP
Law
"The opportunity to work at Fladgate LLP in their Litigation department has been the best opportunity in my legal career so far! Having previously completed internships which mainly involved shadowing and carrying out relatively simple tasks, my role at Fladgate has truly challenged me. Not only have I been able to contribute to various high value cases, but I have also been able to grow as a future lawyer. The best aspect of litigation is that the work is varied and I have been able to work on commercial, corporate, construction and family matters all within one department! I am looking forward to keep learning and discovering my potential."
Aiswarya

Interested in Pearson College London's industry-focused degrees? Visit our undergraduate degree course pages to find out more and apply to join us from next September!

Student Summer Internships