A business that’s marketing-orientated focuses on the most decisive element of a company's success: the customer. Pearson College London's BRAND NEW BSc (Hons) Digital Marketing course is the perfect way to get you ready for a marketing role in industry.
So why should you study this course?
1. It's in response to industry demand
Our industry partners have identified a gap in knowledge and therefore a requirement for digital marketeers. Digital marketing is one of the fastest growing industries and as more companies opt for a ‘digital first’ marketing strategy there is a huge demand for skilled, strategic and driven graduates in the sector. Therefore, you will be studying a course that will not only be interesting and relevant, but it's what employers want!
2. Opens up a variety of careers
This new programme will tackle the central issues facing marketers and give you the latest skills and techniques to become an effective leader in a number of fast paced industries such as digital marketing, communications, PR, advertising and sales.
You might think that these sound similar, but every organisation needs these in order to truly understand the customer and the skills you'll gain from the BSc (Hons) Digital Marketing degree will help you to succeed in one or all of these areas of marketing.
3. Industry connections
Our connections with industry will give you the chance to work alongside a variety of companies - from Start-Ups and SMEs to some of the world’s biggest brands. Our students have previously attended marketing workshops at the Headquarters of Unilever, Savills, L’Oréal, Twinings and Direct Line Group, to name just a few!
We focus on experiential learning and there will be plenty of opportunities to work with professionals and real businesses.
4. Study modern marketing modules
You’ll study modern marketing modules, developed with employers to give you the skills they are looking for:
First year (level 4)
- Principles of Marketing (15 credits)
- Agile App Design for Business (15 credits)
- Introduction to Digital Marketing (15 credits)
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements in Digital Marketing and Data (15 credits)
During the second term, you will be able to choose 60 credits from the indicative list below, so you can explore digital marketing more broadly in your first year.
- Principles of Business 1 and 2 (60 credits)
- Introduction to Research (30 credits)
- Self-Managed Learning: emerging technologies, trends and themes in digital marketing (30 credits)
Second year (level 5)
- Digital Consumer Behaviour (15 credits)
- Sales and Customer Relationship Management (15 credits)
- Omni-Channel Communications (15 credits)
- Digital Customer Experience and Value Management (15 credits)
- Digital and Social Marketing (15 credits)
- Creative Campaigns (15 credits)
- Global Marketing (15 credits)
- Value Proposition Design (15 credits)
- Consultancy project (30 credits)
- Self-Managed Learning: Digital Graphic Design, Interface and Authoring (30 credits)
Third year (level 6)
- Social Media Strategy and Analytics (15 credits)
- Data Analytics and Financing in Digital Marketing (15 credits)
- Strategic Digital Business Model Building and Transformation (15 credits)
- Digital Marketing Management (30 credits)
- Mobile Marketing and Web Design (15 credits)
- Major Project - Digital Marketing (30 credits)
5. Expert Tutors
You will be taught by industry professionals who have a wealth of marketing experience that they incorporate into their lectures and seminars. Our tutors all have relevant industry experience to get you ready for the world of work and can bring their personal experiences into the classroom to illustrate the theories with examples and enhance your learning experience.