Applicants 2 min read

What to do if your A-levels are better than expected: A guide to UCAS Adjustment

Emma Devlin

Emma Devlin posted on

If on results day you find that your A-level results are better than you expected, you’ll have the opportunity to apply for a different university through UCAS Adjustment! Adjustment gives you the flexibility to change your mind to somewhere that may have been asking for higher grades than you thought you'd achieve.

“You might be happy where you are, but with our Adjustment service, it's possible you could swap where you're studying. So if you're curious, take a look at what's available.”

-UCAS

teach me senpai
Photo by NeONBRAND / Unsplash

How does it work?

If you’d like to change your chosen university institution or your course, you can do so through UCAS Track. If originally you only applied for one course for the reduced fee of £18, you'll have to pay the additional £6 to be able to apply to more courses.

We recommend that you seek advice before applying for a different institution or course. You can give one of our friendly applicant advisors a call on 0203 9445 213 to discuss your options and find out more about what Pearson College London has to offer.

“Don’t be afraid to ask questions - finding out more is how you are going to come to a decision. Chatting to a teacher or advisor is also a great idea. They may be able to give you some insightful information but remember that the choice is yours! Whatever you decide, just remember this is where you are going to spend the next three or four years. Make sure you carefully consider your options and everything will work out for the best.

-Chloe Jarman (Business Management Alumna)

Photo by Oleg Magni / Unsplash

FAQ’s

When can I use Adjustment?
From Results Day (15th August 2019) up until the 31st August.

If I don’t find the course I want through Adjustment, will I still keep my current place?
Yes! Your firm choice place will remain secured, if you don’t change through Adjustment.

How will I know what courses I can apply for?
Just check through UCAS Track - any courses that are listed will be available for you to apply for through Adjustment.

If you’re thinking of applying to Pearson College London through UCAS Adjustment, visit our website for more information, or give one of our friendly applicant advisors a call on 0203 9445 213.