Pearson Business School 1 min read

My role as a projects intern at ukactive

Emma Devlin

Emma Devlin posted on

For the past two months I have been working as a Projects Intern at ukactive, this being a not-for-profit organisation who exist to improve the health of the nation by getting more people, more active, more often.

I initially became aware of the position through the advice of those who lead the guaranteed internship scheme at Pearson College London, and with the aims to work in the sports and charity sector for the foreseeable future, this was an opportunity that I could not miss.

ukactive

The work I have been conducting has been intense, however extremely rewarding. One of the current projects I am working on involves identifying primary schools teachers in London who have gone above and beyond in ensuring that their pupils are regularly physically active. Through doing this, I have met some truly inspiring members of staff who are all aiming to motivate the next generation active.

As well as this, I have been involved in other key meetings and campaigns alongside elite athletes, directors of large sporting organisations as well as members of government, all of which I did not expect to happen so soon. I have learnt so much over the past couple of months, and my experience at ukactive has only cemented my initial desire to work in the industry. I also thank Pearson College London for presenting me with the opportunity, my times at the university have presented me with a holistic approach to the world of work and I look forward to the future because of it.

To find out more about Pearson Business School Guaranteed Internships, head over to the website.

- By Oliver Moreton (current student)