Pearson Business School 3 min read

International Business School Interview - Antonio López Rendón

Rachael Jones

Rachael Jones posted on

The International Business School Summer and Winter programmes help students develop the critical and creative spirit needed to lead strategy and managerial change. We sat down with Antonion, one of the students from the latest cohort, to discuss his experiences.

Whats your name?
My name is Antonion López Rendón

Where are you from? Where do you live?
I am from Mexico, I live in a beautiful city called Leon it is in Guanajuato. It is a well preserved colonial city, it used to be the main silver provider to the Spain Crown back in the day. There are some magnificent old and historic buildings but also the modern world has made it and can be easily found on the financial districts on the citie. If you have the chance to como to Mexico don't forget to come to Guanajuato.

Have you completed a degree? If yes, what did you study?
I have two degrees, one in Industrial Engineering and other in Administration. I am currently taking a Masters in Tax Law at Universidad de Guanajuato.

What do you do as a profession? Where do you work?
I am currently involved in Quality Assurance and Customer Service for Americans based in Mexico, in an Italian Multinational company, making products to be used for housecare, gardening, pet care and automotive products. Probably some of the products we manufacture are in your house right now. The company I work for is Guala Dispensing.

Why did you decide to come to London as part of the International Business School?
It was not a hard choice to come to London, the city is a world reference when it comes to business and has the most advanced methodologies.

2019-07-20-04.11.52-1

What modules are you studying at Pearson Business School, and what skills are you gaining from it?
I studied Advanced Finance, Advanced Strategy, Risk Management and International Law while at Pearson Business School. The skills I gained are related to a more creative way to face the current problems found in International Companies. The world is changing fast and it requires that young professionals be more in touch with international skills, those skills were acquired, reinforced and polished while at Pearson Business School.

What have you been doing in your spare time in London?
There are multiple choices related to your interest when it comes to spending time in London. I've been in Museums, Parks, Historic Buildings, Pubs and Monuments. So, anything you may like to see you will probably find at least 4 high-end options to choose from.

Would you recommend the International Business School and to whom?
Absolutely, to any professional who wants to develop skills required in the current positions at high management in any international company.

2019-07-25-12.14.00-1

What did you enjoy the most about studying at Pearson Business School?
The intercultural touch, I got to meet people from at least 7 different nationalities while there. It helps to give you different perspectives on how the people are facing the current issues on its respective country and how you could apply them in yours. Know globally, act locally.

How do you think this programme will help you in the future?
It was a source of inspiration to strive for more impactful and fulfilling goals. I think this programme will help me to be more able to reach for those targets.

To find out more about the International Business School, visit the Pearson College London website.