Apprenticeships 2 min read

Life as a Degree Apprentice Month 14

Katie Fiddaman

Katie Fiddaman posted on

In the run up to A-Level Results Day and Clearing 2019, it has been a busy month of preparation for me during July. Here are a few of the things I have been up to.

Pearson Business School Open Day

At the start of the month, I attended the Pearson Business School Open Day to talk to prospective students and parents about degree apprenticeships and industry-focused degrees. I was mostly talking about my experience as a degree apprentice on both the degree apprenticeships stand and also during the Degree Apprenticeship Talk. This was a great way to engage with potential future students.

RateMyApprenticeship Awards

I was lucky enough to be nominated by my colleagues for the RateMyApprenticeship Outstanding Degree Apprentice of the Year Award at the RateMyApprenticeship Awards this year and even luckier to be shortlisted.

The day was great with talks from different entrepreneurs and people championing apprenticeships. It was great to see so many apprentices, employers and training providers together celebrating apprenticeships success.

Student Outreach

I also delivered four consecutive Degree Apprenticeship workshops this month in a school in South London to students in year 12. This was a great opportunity to share my experiences as well as sharing all my knowledge about the degree apprenticeship programmes that we run at Pearson Business School with a whole range of companies. I love talking to students and inspiring them to consider something other than the traditional university route.

New email launch

This month, I worked with our Design Team and an external agency to design, code and implement a brand new template for one of our internal communications newsletters that I distribute on a weekly basis to all staff. Receiving really good feedback from colleagues was a great celebration of hard work.

Self-Managed Learning

In terms of study, I have been working hard this month to get my coursework and presentation to a high standard for the upcoming deadline in August. It is coming to the end of the module now so it's now about pulling everything together for submission. My project is looking at how we can ensure that our future workforce has the relevant employability skills required to be successful in the workplace.

August is going to be a busy month with A-Level Results Day and Clearing 2019 so I am sure there will be more to include in next month's post!

To find out more about Pearson College London's degree apprenticeships, visit the website.

Life as a Degree Apprentice Month 14