Apprenticeships 2 min read

Degree Apprenticeship FAQs

Katie Fiddaman

Katie Fiddaman posted on

There are so many questions surrounding degree apprenticeships, partially because they're quite new and not everyone is aware of them. This blog aims to answer some questions you may have surrounding degree apprenticeships.

Can I get a loan for studying a Degree Apprenticeship?

No, as you’ll be earning a salary as well as getting your tuition fees paid, you won’t be eligible for student loans.

Can I live in halls?

Yes, many Degree Apprentices do live in halls around London with other students studying traditionally.

Do I need to apply through UCAS?

No, there is no centralised application process like UCAS for degree apprenticeships. This means that you have to apply for degree apprenticeships specifically, either through the company website or other sites that display the programmes, such as:

• Not Going to Uni
  • Rate My Apprenticeship
  • Gov.uk website

A positive of this is that you can apply for traditional degrees and Degree Apprenticeships simultaneously in order to keep your options open.
DAFAQ-2

What if I cannot attend the interviews?

You need to be available on the day of the interviews or the professional workshops to progress to the next stage.

I don’t finish my A-Levels until June - do I have to wait until then to apply?

No, you can apply with your predicted grades, as long as you will have completed the course before starting. You must be 18 on the start date of the scheme.

Am I guaranteed a job at the end of the scheme?

No, a job is not guaranteed (apart from the Pearson Degree Apprenticeship) but many previous apprentices have been offered a job at the end of their apprenticeship and some have opted to work elsewhere to develop their skill set further.

Can I apply for more than one than one Degree Apprenticeship?

Yes, you can apply for as many degree apprenticeship programmes as you like. However, it is important that each application that you submit is tailored to the company that you are applying for so that each application is a high standard.

If you have any further questions, please visit the degree apprenticeships page on the Pearson College London website; or email us at info@pearsoncollegelondon.ac.uk.

Degree Apprenticeship FAQs