Apprenticeships 2 min read

Making the choice between a Degree Apprenticeship and University

Phoebe Walker posted on

With a constant flow of invites to Open Days and UCAS fairs, thinking about what you’ll do next can be overwhelming. This time last year I was in the same position. I found the prospect of moving away from home and going to a traditional University daunting. However, at the same time I still wanted to gain a degree and not miss out on the university experience.

When researching the different routes, I came across a Degree Apprenticeship with Pearson College London. This would involve me working full-time Monday to Thursday and attending university on Friday at Pearson Business School. I knew this was the type of opportunity I was looking for as it was the perfect combination between study and work. Also, I couldn’t wait to be in London and be a part of the City lifestyle!

In the meantime my school had persuaded me to apply to University. There was still a part of me that thought I’d be missing out if I was working 4 days a week, whilst my friends were going out, experiencing the typical university life. I wanted to be sure I was making the right choice as it would be the next 3 years of my life.

As a result, I decided to create a list of what each route would involve to help me come to a decision…

phoebe-table

The two paths are so different, and the choice you make completely depends on the type of person you are, and what you’re looking to gain from a degree! Once I’d taken into account the different elements, I knew that a degree apprenticeship was the best option for me.

Having been on the scheme for 3 months, I don’t regret my decision and would definitely recommend a degree apprenticeship!

For more information about Pearson College London's degree apprenticeship programmes, visit the website.