Apprenticeships 2 min read

Life as a Degree Apprentice Month 5

Katie Fiddaman

Katie Fiddaman posted on

October has been a super busy month for me, both with the degree and work side of things. I have been exposed to some more interesting things this month in my life as a degree apprentice!

Student Takeover

The student takeover on social media ran from 22nd-26th October. I worked closely with the Conversion Team to ensure that the posts were all filmed and scheduled to be posted at the correct times. I also featured on the Instagram story on one of the days to support our Fun Finds Around London blog. It was really cool to see some of the student work going out on our sites and to get views from other people about their student experiences.
student-takeover

YAAN

This month, I also joined the Young Apprentice Ambassador Network (YAAN). The YAAN is a group of past and current apprentices aged between 18-26 that are members of a local YAAN in their region. The core purpose of the YAAN is to grow and expand the apprenticeship programme by engaging with and providing information on apprenticeships to young people through a number of different activities and events, including schools/sixth forms and young people in school academic years 11-13.

My role as an ambassador is to promote apprenticeships and inspire other young people by describing my direct experience. I am going to be presenting in schools, at fairs and at parent's evenings about my experiences. Read more about this.
download

Personal Visit

I also supported the Conversion Team with a personal visit this month. We run these to allow people to get a more individual experience than an open day and the chance to ask as many questions as they like. It was nice to share my experiences with prospective students and to hear the questions they had to ask about the process and the programme I am on.

RateMyApprenticeship

I secured a blog exchange with RateMyApprenticeship this month, and interviewed a fellow degree apprentice, Holly, about her experiences of the Rotational Degree Apprenticeship programme that we have run in the past. It was a great opportunity for me to both find out more about what the other programmes within the college entail and to have my work profiled on another website!
Copy-of-Rate-My-Apprenticeship-Logo-Stacked-2017--1-

Research Project

My research project is another piece of work that I have been working on this month, combining my degree with my work. I am investigating the Escape Studios social media channels and how we can improve them which has been an eye-opening and interesting experience for me.

Read more of our apprenticeship blogs, or to apply to one of our degree apprenticeship programmes, visit the Pearson College London website.

Life as a Degree Apprentice Month 5