The Annual Game Jam took place this weekend (22nd – 24th June) at 190 High Holborn, London, in partnership with Industry Body UKIE, Creative Assembly, Rare and 3D World Magazine.
The main skills required for success were: teamwork, creativity and endurance.
The teams were given 48 hours to create and present their game to a panel of industry judges, in order to win an exclusive prize package of:
- An exclusive showreel clinic with Escape Studio's game tutors.
- A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia game code and exclusive t-shirt.
- An Escape Studios swag bag.
The itinerary was:
- Friday night – the Game Jam theme was revealed as ‘Future,’ so all participants then had to come up with ideas to fit that brief.
- Saturday – the teams worked throughout the day and night creating their game.
- Sunday – the Game Jam ended at 3pm.The judges then deliberated and judged on the game concept, design, art, relevance to the brief and overall delivery.
They decided on a winner: 'Chrono Crack'.
The judges included:
- Tom Constable, Seconded Level Designer at Creative Assembly, who has worked on games such as Total War, Alien Isolation and Halo Wars 2 'Awakening The Nightmare'.
- Simon Fenton, Head of Games at Escape Studios, who has over 23 years’ experience in the games industry and has worked for the likes of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
- George O’Keefe, Environment Artist at Rare Ltd and an ‘Escapee’ (Escape Studios alumni).
If you missed the Game Jam, take a look at our social media channels for further information:
Facebook: Escape Studios
See you all next year!